Living Together

If I remember correctly, after a year separation, you are in the clear. But to be on the safe side go ahead and get in finalized. What you waiting for, you obviously have moved on!

The only problem I can think of is if the spouse wants to make a big deal about having the children around when he is there and you are not married.

GOOD FOR YOU, GO ON AND LIVE YOUR LIFE. YOU KNOW THAT SOMEONE WILL ALWAYS HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY.

EVELYN WILLIAMS

Wrong. Any relationship during the marriage, whether separated or not, is considered adulterous. Finalize your divorce, THEN move in.

actually, if your separation papers that you may live as if you were single you can. but, i think it is still illegal to co-habitate in the state of nc. i know it was a few years back.

my daughter keeps telling me i should go after my husband for that. we’ve been separated for 3 years. i was going to get the divorce after a few things were straight after about 1 1/2 years. then he started to live with a woman, got her pregnant and got engaged.

they are now planning their wedding for sept (his 41st b day and his son’s 1st bday). just got served with the complaint and just to mess with him i’m going to drag it out with little things.

i don’t care that he’s moved on, i’m the one that asked for the separation and divorce. but, don’t start a whole new family and plan the wedding when you’re still married.

That’s evil to drag things out just to mess with him. Especially if you have children together, I don’t see any reason to do something that could cause even more hard feelings between the two of you. Let it go.

I have been in a relationship for 3+ years and have been legally separated for 1 1/2 (after two previous separations initiated by my spouse). This relationship is known to everyone (estranged spouse and children) and my partner and I do live together in my apartment on weekends. We would now like to live together on a permanent basis even though my divorce is not yet final. What are the legal ramifications to this? Does it really make any difference if we live together on weekends or full time? Thank you.