Lying Ex

Start gathering all the evidence you can that your ex is making false claims. Friends and family members who can attest to your character and relationship with the children. If you are involved with school you should get school records to show that.

In addition, if you have issues with drinking you should seek help immediately so you can show the court that this issue is being addressed.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit radio.rosen.com for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Sutton Station
5826 Fayetteville Rd. Suite 205
Durham, NC 27713
Phone: (919) 321-0780

ROSEN.COM

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I really don’t have a way to prove false claims when they happen in the house away from any witnesses other than the kids.
Ex: My son was throwing a ball at my baby. I told him to stop, which he didn’t. I went over to grab the ball and my son’s arm at the same time. I tripped and fell on my son. His dad and the kids are saying I abused my boy.

I screamed for help the other day when I was getting knocked around by my stbx. No one heard or called the police. I asked neighbors to call the police, and they didn’t. I had no phone.

I am in the process of moving; however, an attorney has now said I should stay in the same city until the court case is finished. I am allowed one more week in stbx’s house, and then I am out with no place in the same city to go and no job or money, since I have been staying home with my baby.

You mentioned that I should seek help for the drinking. I am not drinking more than 1 beer at most per night, sometimes none. I have drastically cut down, but there again I have no way to prove this.

You can get medical records that prove your child has never been taken to the doctor of the hospital as a result of his allegations, that would be one place to start.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit radio.rosen.com for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Sutton Station
5826 Fayetteville Rd. Suite 205
Durham, NC 27713
Phone: (919) 321-0780

ROSEN.COM

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

How do I protect my custody of our children with an ex, who is trying to get custody of his kids, who lies very well, convinces everyone he is Mr. Wonderful and you are the bad person? … especially when he is brainwashing your kids to believe the same thing and makes them lie to people about it.
We both drink too much, and we fight constantly. There has been physical abuse in the past (I can prove that law enforcement came), and there is constant verbal abusive.
How do I defend my rights to keep my children? I have no money for an attorney, and my ex lies so well I’m not sure if the courts will believe me, especially since he is somehow convincing the children to believe him and to lie.
Help !!! Please. What do I do to keep my children?