Marital property equitable distribution after my divorce

My ex wife and I have been divorced since 2008 and never split up any martial assets. Can I still petition the court for half of what we acquired while we were married in North Carolina? If so can I file this on my own with the court? Many thanks Clay Jones

Once a judgement for absolute divorce has been issued, any claims for alimony and equitable distribution are lost unless they are pending at the time the judgement is issued. If you failed to preserve your claim (i.e., if it was not pending when the divorce was obtained), most likely there is no way for you to revive it. It may be worth having a consultation with an attorney to see if there are any ways to revive the claim based on the facts of your case.