Marital property?

Dear llee7448:

Be sure to keep your posts in line with your other posts by replying to the same line of posts. I do not see a question below. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Thank you for your reply. The money used to build these fuel docks onto the marina - half was taken from his company (which he is 100% owner) the other half was borrowed from a friend. (he did not use a bank as he did not want my signature on the loan). I do not have the funds for an attorney, yet he has employed an attorney and according to his attorney, the only marital claim I have is these fuel docks. Also, prior to this sell, my husband hada 20 year lease on the fuel docks, which was supposedly one source of our income. His atty. has stated that I can keep him in court for many years, as there are millions at stake other than this property. My husband has offered a flat settlement of 100,000 and he is now up to 250,000 to settle without my retaining an attorney. Since there is such a large jump in settlement offers, I assumed that this property was marital and that being the reason to settle in such a hurry and without my having representation. Also, his atty, keeps referring to and re-figuring the 20 year lease on the fuel docks.