Married in N.C but cutting ties in another state

Dear jeepinguy30:

Greetings. You can file in CA or TX, as long you meet the residency requirements for one of those states. You will go by the child support laws of the state where the child resides. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

we were married in NC and have since moved to california.
life took her to texas and we have decided enough was enough.
do i have to file for divorce in NC,TX,or CA?
which states child support laws do i go by?