Mediation Scheduled but no financial disclosure

Mediation is scheduled for 21 days from now.
My complaint for DBB filed last February in district court in CCty which included in lined items, complaint for ED.
Concerning is my attny has not requested any financial discovery/disclosure to date by defendant husband (who lies, cheats and schemes).
I’m reading this district’s rules for non jury Domestic cases with ED complaints which has my head spinning…re: 120 days from filing attny should arrange a “discovery conference” (?)
(I’m the one who has been and still is leery about my attorney, while so much is at stake for me.)
I’ve read somewhere that it’s common for financial disclosure to be divulged at the time of mediation. Baffles me in this.
I discussed months ago with attorney wanting disclosure of husband’s finances/assets going back at least 3 yrs in this 10yr plus marriage, but nothing addressed since.

If the mediation is for the issue of equitable distribution, both parties will have needed to provide a full financial disclosure prior to the mediation.

It is not uncommon for a statement here or there are a particular document to be pulled while in mediation, but it would not be appropriate or conducive to settlement to conduct the full financial disclosure and exchange of information during the mediation.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Thank you for your response, Mediation is for purpose of resolve the DBB complaint of mine, and therefor would have to be about ED and more.
I’m wondering with much concern WHY my attny has set up firmly a mediation date with mediator without requesting ahead of time for full disclosure in ample time to receive from defendant husband and peruse, ???