Is there a form to file to demand mediation. My exhusbands attorney is stalling and I need to get mediation or arbitration started. If the contract is a breach of contract can I file a motion to demand mediation and move the court to order it…


Yes you can file a motion for court-ordered mediation if an action is filed under Chapter 50. You cannot just file a motion if there is no action pending. Many counties require that mediation be completed by the parties prior to trial, however no mediation can or will be ordered until an action is filed under Chapter 50 (the statutes governing Equitable Distribution, Post Separation Support, Alimony, Child Custody, and Child Support).