Modify an existing order

My separation agreement was rolled into my divorce decree in 3/2010. My ex and I have been handling the custody schedule slightly differently because it is in the best interest of children. We still each have 50% time with them.

I would like to get the arrangement we are currently following entered as a modification. My ex has no interest in going to mediation (which I understand is required? or am I wrong?). What steps can I take without the ex needing to do anything?

Thank you.

You may have an attorney draw up a new Order which outlines the current schedule you are following. Your ex only needs to sign the Order, and it can be entered by the court as a Consent Order, without your having to appear in court.