Modify an existing order


You can go back to court and try to modify an order ANY time there has been a change.


Dear brayburn:

Greetings. Yes, you can ask for that to be changed. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I have a court order in NC and have moved to TN (2 years ago)remarried with a new baby girl. In the order from NC it states that a blood relative has to deliver the kids when we exchange the them. We have to meet half way(2 hrs drive for each of us). My ex husband is the one that insisted this be put in the court order, however, he never comes to get his kids. He sends his mother, sister, cousin, etc. In the last 2 years he has only came to the exchange 3 times. I always bring the kids and since having the new baby it is hard sometimes for me to find the time to get them there and I have often asked if he cares if someone else brings them and he always says “no it has to be a blood relative as it states in the papers”. With me having the baby can I go before the court and ask that part of the order be changed.