More on the "key" issue

Dear NC Mom of 3:

I would not even let him back in while you are there. If you let him in, he does not have to leave. Letting him in = not a good idea in my book. If he wants some of his stuff, let him pick a time, bring a truck, and pick it up after you move it outside.

The only other thing (minus a domestic violence action)that he can do is file a claim for equitable distribution to divide the house. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I understand that I don’t have to give him a key, but is there anything he can do to, legally, to get it? He hasn’t taken all of his belongings yet because of his current living arrangements,so, does this work against me? Or I can stick to my guns and tell him that he is not getting a key and if he needs anything, he can schedule a time to do it while I am there, no exceptions? I just want to make sure I can stand my ground legally or at least with the knowledge that it is within my rights. (And that I am not doing something that will hurt me in the long run). I also feel like it’s a matter of respecting my wishes and he isn’t willing to do so. (Of course,I haven’t heard anything from him yet either concerning this issue.)

Thanks [:)]