Mortage while separated


My wife and I have been separated and living in different residences for 3 years. I am trying acquire a home mortgage. She does not want any holdings on the property, but the mortgage company is asking for legal documents. I paid her alimony in 2012 but do not have any legal documents to support, it was an agreement between myself and her. Is their a legal agreement that we can sign stating that I we had an agreement to pay the alimony in 2012.


You could execute a separation agreement which details your future and past spousal support obligations. The agreement can also include a free trader agreement which allows you to get a new mortgage without your spouse’s consent.