Mother has left NC

Just out of curiosity, has anything been said or done about the bigamy?

quote:
[i]Originally posted by stepmother[/i] [br]Just out of curiosity, has anything been said or done about the bigamy?
I'm curious too. It would seem a simple matter to fax both marriage certificates to the district attorney's office where she is committing this crime and ask them to have her arrested.

Thanks!, Yes the bigamy is the key issue, and I don’t know if you can keep practising medicine with a felony, I think the bigamy will give validity to the other charges. Right now, I’m gonna keep cool, and have a good Christmas with my Son, don’t want any thing messing with that. I’m confident that justice will prevail in the next year. You people have been very kind, and I will keep you posted on what’s happening, thanks for your support!

quote:
[i]Originally posted by bveloce1998[/i] [br]Thanks!, Yes the bigamy is the key issue, and I don't know if you can keep practising medicine with a felony,

Not sure it’s a felony in SC/NC, anyone know? In any case, it’s a serious crime. I would imagine that with the bigamy charge proven in court, you will be laughing all the way to the bank on this one, alimony and ED-wise. Is your wife an MD, or is it her new “husband”?

p.s. I applaud and admire you for putting your son first and caring about him having a nice Christmas before the *&%#@ hits the fan.

Thanks Spouse, not my wife, she doesn’t work anymore, it is him. And yes, it is a felony, in NC, or SC.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by bveloce1998[/i] [br]Thanks Spouse, not my wife, she doesn't work anymore, it is him. And yes, it is a felony, in NC, or SC.
Good.

So, like, did she not think you’d find out about it or what? What a stupid and reckless thing for her to do!

That’s right Spouse, never thought I would find out about it, but i did, and I am a persistant kind of person. They have everyone in SC snowed, that they are newlyweds. As he screens every phone call, I will get my Son and have a wonderful holiday! I hope the best for everyone!

quote:
[i]Originally posted by bveloce1998[/i] [br]That's right Spouse, never thought I would find out about it, but i did, and I am a persistant kind of person. They have everyone in SC snowed, that they are newlyweds. As he screens every phone call, I will get my Son and have a wonderful holiday! I hope the best for everyone!

So how did you find out about it, I mean, a doctor isn’t typically a stupid person, did he/she/they make no attempt to hide this? What the heck were they thinking?

I’d like to know how you found out myself. My husband’s ex has told the children that she and her boyfriend got married several weeks ago but both us and the children think she’s lying. I called the county she lives in and there’s nothing on record, but from what I found out in that phone call it is ONLY going to be filed in the county the license is issued in. Should I keep calling or was there an easier way that you found this out?

On the original topic, this may also help your case for custody on the basis that your son is witnessing his mother commit a felony and adultery on top of that. To me, her having a new wealthy husband who can send your son to private school may be a advantage for her, but it does nothing but show her lack of concern over what your son may be dealing with because of all this or her consideration towards his well-being. There’s more to life than money.
Don’t let your time run out on this though. You said that they married in July but never actually said when you separated. Don’t let the one year and one day run out and she file for divorce before this bigamy thing goes on record. I also applaud you wanting to have a nice Christmas with your son before all this comes down, and for keeping him “in the dark” for the most part about this whole deal. Children don’t need all the dirty details of our lives as long as they are taken care of, they pretty much have enough to deal with during all this.

It was the little things that all added up. She got an engagement ring, two weeks after she walked out, the day after court she had on a wedding band, he is very controlling, calls her cell phone every 5 minutes, she cant be out after a certain time at night. Makes you say wow, this guy thinks he owns her. Another dead give away, was medical insurance, right off the bat for her and my Son. She has a multitude of health problems. If he/she bought an individual policy, you would have to wait a year to get pre-existing conditions looked after. Getting married puts you instantly on your group plan, with no waiting. This group plan also covers step-children, wall-eye!
I thought to myself, where is the wedding capital of the South, and where can you get married with no-waiting, and no questions asked>>>>Gatlinburg, Tennessee! I called the Sevier County clerk, verified it, and had them send me a copy. My case is unbelievable, you just can’t make this stuff up.

Ok…this is just my opinion, but it sounds to me that she was cheating on you before the split with him and he doesn’t trust her. Wonder what that will do to this insurance coverage when the insurance company finds out that they aren’t legally married [}:)]. Keep this in mind: most insurance policies can cover step-children but your son is NOT his step son legally yet so that could make a big difference if something were to happen.

Yes, she has cheated many times, never thought she would walk out on the baby though, I intend to contact the insurance and see what they say, thanks

Well, haven’t got through Christmas, without another bizarre turn of events. It seems that their bigamist marriage has come to an end. He kicked her out, or she left him, don’t know much of the details, but she has moved out, and apparently, staying with a friend in NC. I have the baby, at least. Haven’t told my attorney yet, but I was wondering if my case against him is now no longer valid, since they are not together. Maybe he realized the seriousness of all this and is trying to do something about it. Boy, is truth stranger than fiction, or what? Thanks for you guys time!

You case is still valid because they contracted to marry, filed for license and all. Just because they are no longer together doesn’t meant that they didn’t knowingly commit adultery and bigamy. Your case for primary custody is still as strong as it was and possibly stronger now. It may be that he figured out how serious the situation was or possibly things just came back around that quickly. In my opinion, as soon as Christmas is over, I would still contact the DA about the bigamy charges, have your attorney file for primary child custody.
As far as a case against him there’s not a whole lot you could do to start with, except alienation of affection. For your STBX, equitable distribution, primary custody, child support, alimony. The bigamy needs to be a factor regardless that they aren’t together now because they were married for almost 6 months. Go for broke on this and hope that you get a fair shake. Like asking for a raise…you want $20 more an hour so ask for $50.
If this were me, she’d be living with a friend (or the street) and working however many jobs necessary to pay me alimony and child support. I would make sure that everyone in the town he lives in knew about this. [}:)] It’s not slander or libel if it’s true. He married your wife while she was still married to you and even if he tries to argue that he did not know she was still married I think there are ways to prove that’s just not true. That’s just me of course.
I firmly believe that is what your STBX wanted. She just didn’t know it. Your STBX wanted you to have custody and for her to pay you alimony and child support.
Your actions dictate your desires. If you cheat on your husband, leave him and your child, run off with another man, that man can NOT expect you to be faithful to him, but that it will be what HE wants so he won’t know he can’t trust you until he’s got you. He then tries to control you, does something illegal by marrying you before you are even divorced yet and then figures out that you can’t be trusted and leaves you; or you cheat on him and he kicks you out; or you decide this isn’t the same man you were cheating on your husband with and you leave. You end up, living alone because now they both KNOW you for what you are and neither want you back. But by your actions alone, this is truly what you wanted. My husband’s ex got what she thought she wanted, but when she got it, it turned out it wasn’t what she wanted after all. Hope that makes sense.
Keep us updated, this is like a soap opera!

quote:
[i]Originally posted by stepmother[/i] [br]If this were me, she'd be living with a friend (or the street) and working however many jobs necessary to pay me alimony and child support. I would make sure that everyone in the town he lives in knew about this. [}:)] It's not slander or libel if it's true. He married your wife while she was still married to you and even if he tries to argue that he did not know she was still married I think there are ways to prove that's just not true. That's just me of course.
[;)] Ok ok...maybe I wouldn't actively do anything so that this would come back to bite them but it would cross my mind and this situation...I would find very ironic. I would still have custody of that child though. That part wasn't an exaggeration. Children need both their parents but sometimes, one parent is not capable of acting in the best interest of the child and therefore should not have responsibility of that child

Thanks, for your insightful commentary. Yeah, this is an incredible soap opera. Now it seems, it just keeps changing daily. As of today, she is doing everything she can, for him to take her back. She is very compulsive, especially with money. I sincerely believe that she actually exhausted his bank account, then lied about it. Been through that many times. She just spent all of his money, and never offered to get a job. He was stuck with her bills, his alimony and child support to his kids and ex, and lastly, my alimony. It just came to a head after 7 months. He was paying it all, and she offered nothing. So I am thinking if she offers to get a job and help with the bills, then he may forgive her and take her back, who knows. At least he knows now, that she lies. As for me, my alimony is probably history, whatever happens. Also, the A of A, is probably not viable, since she has always been so promiscuous. Seem to think that the CC would still hold, especially with a marriage license. He probably does not have the undesirable trait that I have, forgiveness. All through it all, I always wanted what was in the best interest of my child, still do. Sometimes, I just feel that I am backed in a corner. And I have to live with this 24/7. Uncertainty is the most cruelest of words. That’s what I deal with daily, and a four year old that worships his mother. Thanks for your help!

I have a question about the NC law about the plaintiff and defendent having to reside in NC,for 6 months, after the seperation was filed. I am still in NC, but my wife has moved to SC with her new spouse. We have joint custody of my son. Will she be granted a divorce after one year, even though she has left the State? Is there anything I can do to stop this? Thanks