Motion to Amend Judgment-Third Party Custody


I had a motion to modify hearing and have a new order in place. After reading the order, I found mistakes and felt like the “judgement didn’t fit the crime.” So I filed a motion to amend judgement so that judge can review the case and reconsider her decision. Family Court said that I have to schedule another hearing. I was wondering if I could waive my right to a hearing in this case.


The hearing that the family court is talking about is a court date for the judge to determine if the motion you filed to amend the judgment should be granted. There cannot be a new hearing on the issue that was already litigated.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.