Motion to compel discovery

If I get an attorney for the motion to compel discovery regarding severance pay that was not reported, can I request sanction to pay for attorney fees and for remedy for his prolonged refusal to cooperate be an amount of back child support. I have been trying to get this information for 2 years and his attorney and my previous (2) attorneys have not provided the information and have given me misleading/incorrect legal information about it. I was wondering what my options are if I get an attorney versus doing it pro se. I am already swamped with attorney fees.

You may request attorney’s fees in a motion to compel.