Motion to Set aside

There is no form to move to set aside an order, you can find the rules regarding moving to set aside an order in Rules 59 and 60 of the North Carolina Rules of Civil Procedure.

There is also no form to change juridiction. If the children have lived in a different state with you for the last six months, you could move to transfer jurisdiction to the state where you live…

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

How do I file a motion to set a side an order? When do I find the form? Do I need an attorney to do this? Is there a form to file a change in venue - I live in one state with my children and the non custodian parent lives in NC. The divorce and child support order is in NC.