Moving Children within State of NC

My husband and I have been separated almost 2 years with no paperwork in place regarding our children. I am planning to moving about 5 hrs away (still within the state of NC). Can he legally stop me from moving with our children?

He may file an action for custody in the county where you presently reside and attempt to prevent the move.