Moving out of State - Question re: wording in visitation ord

I am looking to move out of state because I am recently unemployed and have a job offer out of state which I will also be closer to family. My father’s son has not been in his life for the past 5 years (my son will be 6 this year) but now he is coming around for his EOW visitations. I have full custody.

I noticed on my visitation court order that there is a paragraph that states "The Defendant (my father’s son) shall have regular and holiday visitation with the minor child as may be MUTUALLY AGREED upon by the parties. In the event that the parties cannot agree, visitation will be as follows: - which then states the EOW and times, etc.

SO is this stating that if we can agree upon an out of state visitation schedule then we do not need to go to court to modify the visitation order?

But I should probably go to court and get the changes modified once we have agreed on the terms, correct?


If the two of you can agree on a schedule then there is no need to modify the order.