Greetings and thank you for your most helpful website!
I am moving from MR this week and have just a few questions after reviewing much on this forum:
I cannot get spouse to sign SA prior to moving, though have been asked by spouse to leave multiple times this year, (and numerous times over last 10), I have primary but modest income, (read: broke!) 1 almost 18 child, have suffered financial abuse, own home, mtg, debts, and actual bruising battery few weeks ago, (thought not life threatening). No AA or CC.
Before I go, should I
- put 1/2 paycheck in joint acct?
- give any written notification of Separation Intent?
- file for custody (though willing 50/50)
- discontinue non-essential utilities (cable, phone, internet)
- file Les Pendens
- notify credit cards and bank
- anything else I’ve overlooked?
I had to hoped to resolve SA and ED with spouse directly and equitably, but don’t want to be stupid either. Is there a problem with presenting a written checklist of “Voluntary vs. Legal Alternative” approaches for spouses review before I leave?
Thank you so much for the thoughts and advice!