Unwanted seperation

My husband of 16 years has decided to move out against my wishes because he suspects I am having an affair. He has signed a lease on a new place and expects to move within the next 2 weeks. He has asked that I have all of the housewhole utilities transferred to my name. Should I do this? I dont want him to leave. There is no written separation agreement. We have 2 minor children together. He makes at least twice my salary and I am unable to financially maintain our residence without his help. He has verbalized that he will continue to contribute to the expenses of the home. What should I do now?

It seems he made the decision to leave. The best thing you can do now is take steps to protect yourself and your children. The two of you should discuss signing a formal separation and property settlement agreement.