If I get offered a job out of state or get remarried and new husband gets transferred, can I move? I have legal and physical custody of the child ,but ex’s visitation schedule is every other weekend so he gets him about 24 nights a year and me all the rest. Do I have to get his permission to move or what all is involved?

You may move unless there is a court order that says you can’t. If you don’t have a child custody order then your ex may file for custody. If there is already a custody order in place he may ask for a modification based on change of circumstance and the judge could order the children stay in NC with him.