My mistake,am i married?

even tho you fibbed on the dates, yes you are still divorced as long as the judge said you was, and yes you are by law considered married to your new wife.

Lying in court is perjury. I would still wait for an attorney answer on this site.

I did a search on the subject of perjury on this site and found an answer from Janet which states that perjury is a felony and you are not legally divorced if you committed perjury. Click on the Search option on the top of the page and look for ‘perjury’. Good Luck.

Dear Justme44:

Greetings. nwkltl is correct - legally you are not divorced as the grounds for divorce in North Carolina is being separated one year and one day. However, even though you are in a bigamous marriage, the court may deem your second marriage valid for the purposes of alimony and equitable distribution, even if it is not a valid marriage for other purposes. Interesting question…bad place to be in, no? Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I was left by my wife at the time on Oct 21,1999.I met another woman in January of the following year. (2 months and 2 weeks after my 1st wife Left. I and the woman started Dating and in June found out we needed to get married sooner than we thought. My STBX at the time wanted to help. So we both Lied and backed our separation date . We were divorced on July 6, 2000. And my wife and I got married the next day. Am I married? Sorry for the missed key stroke on the last post.