Name Change


So, I found out and see that others have been reading…so. You have to include the intent to change your name in both the Complaint and in the Judgment. This site is very helpful in understanding name changing procedures. … geinfo.htm


Dear dmiller:

Greetings. I am glad that you found out how to do this off the website. Good luck with your divorce. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I am filing an absolute divorce. Where do I include the petition to resume my maiden name. I see that somewhere on this site it said it needs to go in the complaint. Other states use a Petition document. Is there a form somewhere? Please help.