NC seperation

Dear camstuf:

Greetings. The date of separation is the date that they both stopped living together and one of them intended the separation to be permanent. I would say that the last day they lived together is the date of separation.

In order to get divorced in NC, you only need to file for the divorce one year and one day after the date of separation. She does not need to sign any papers, since he can serve her by Sheriff.

Now, when dealing with child support and child custody, first, I would have your son ask for a blood test. Next, I would tell him to start negotiating the arrangements with her now. Almost everyone says they will not sign any papers…that is until they realize the benefits and detriments if they don’t sign. Hoping your son stays safe in the military and you stay happy, healthy, and wise dealing with his issues for him while he is away (or even when he is here it seems).

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Thanks for the info.
A lawyer advised and they both agreed to November as the date of seperation.
No paper work; child support throught the chid support office.

Dear camstuf:

Greetings. What are they going to do about the child custody?

Janet L. Fritts
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Verbal agreement: she took the baby; he gets her on weekends when he can.

Dear camstuf:

Greetings. How is the DNA/blood test coming along? Has he requested the same?

Janet L. Fritts
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

My son and his wife were married on the false pretences of her being pregnant. They were both in the military and living in different states four hours apart. He went to the war, and a few months after he got back, she became pregnant. In April she told him she want not pregnant when they got married.
In May she was 8 months pregnant a told him she was raped near the time she got pregnant.
My son did not take any action at that time considering the late stage of her pregnancy.
In November, She got out of the military, moved to his apartment.
A week later my son asked for a divorce she and the baby moved to her mother