Need info. for cutody issue

No judge is going to take a infant child away from its mother unless she is a unfit mom( on drugs, mentally unstable) I he gets an attorrney then you should to, put the child support in the hands of a child support agency so it will automatic be taken from his check once employed.

I was in Terre Haute for 5 yrs ,know in Granville county

Dear lisa34:

Greetings. Your ex still has rights to his biological child, regardless of whether or not he is on the birth certificate. You should discuss visitation issues with him. No, he is not likely to gain “custody” but he is likely to get visitation. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

HI MY NAME IS LISA AND I WOULD LIKE SOME INFO. ON A CUSTODY ISSUE. I WAS MARRIED AND HAD ONE SON FROM THIS MAN IN INDIANA AND WE GOT A DIVORCE IN 2002 AND I MOVED TO NORTH CAROLINA AND THEN TWO YEARS LATER I WENT BACK IN 2004 AND WE HAD ANOTHER CHILD TOGETHER AND WHEN I WAS PREG. IN APRIL OF 2005 I MOVED BACK TO NORTH CAROLINA AND HAD THE BABY IN JULY OF 2005 AND WE NEVER GOT REMARRIED AND THE BABY HAS MY MADIEN LAST NAME ON THE BIRTH CERT. AND THE FATHERS NAME IS NOT ON THE BIRTH CERT. AND HE IS VERY MENTAL ABUSIVE AND I HAVE CUSTODY OF MY FIRST SON AND I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT MY SECOND SON? DO I NEED TO FILE SOME PAPERS TO GET FULL CUSTODY OF MY SECOND SON OR SHOULD I JUST LEAVE IT ALONE CAUSE I WAS IN ANOTHER STATE AND HAD MY SON? I WAS TOLD HE COULD NOT GET CUSTODY OF MY NEW BORN SON CAUSE HE IS MENTAL ABUSIVE AND HE DOES NOT WANT TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT BUT HE IS GETTING AN ATTY. READY TO FIGHT FOR RIGHTS TO MY SON AND HE SAYS HE IS GOING TO PAY SUPPORT WHEN HE GETS HIS FIRST PAYCHECK. I APPRICATE YOUR TIME AND I WOULD APPRICATE ANY INFORMATION YOU COULD PROVIDE ME TO HELP ME KEEP CUSTODY OF MY NEW BORN SON. THANK YOU AGAIN. LISA