I’m not an attorney but…
Here’s what I think…He needs to take the ex to court and have a court ordered visitation. He has the right to see his child and no court will say no unless he has been found an unfit parent.


Dear gincreech:

Greetings. He needs to immediately file an action to see his child. What kind of garbage is that? I would be outraged if I were him. She is acting like he is a drug addict, child abuser, or has some other serious condition. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


thanks so much. How expensive will it be to file an action to get visitation rights? And we are going to get married soon and he does have some back child support, will the courts take money from my paychecks to go towards his back child support?


I don’t know how much $$ to get visitation but I do know that they can not touch your pay for his child support obligation. Nor can they count your money in determining child support amounts.


my fiance had a child with an ex girlfriend. he pays childsupport through a court order but the mother feels he shouldn’t see his child until she is older. she is 5 yers old. what are his legal rights?