Dear mutz8494:

Greetings. There are laws for visitation for parents that want to see their children. If you have a court order, then you can and should file a motion to show cause. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I am looking for help to get visitation to see my 2 sons. I have not seen them in 12 years. Everytime I contact the mother I am told no. I have been threaten, cursed, told I would never be their father.These children are 14 and 13 now. I dont know what they have been told about me or anything. I pay child support put have no contact with my children. I have contacted the courts to file for visitation and told I have to have an attorney. I can not afford an attorney. I feel I am being punished for not being weathly. Why arent there laws for visitation for parents that want to see their children? By court order she is suppose to keep me a current address and phone # and she never has. I stay hunting for them to know where they are at. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.