Needs advice on my stbx that lives here

Dear DivorceSucks:

Greetings. Most divorces are non-contested, since there are only two grounds for divorce in NC - insanity and irreconcilable differences after a year separation. He cannot stop you from filing for divorce.

You need to contest the domestic violence filing at the ten (10) day hearing. But, even if he gets a domestic violence action, you can still file for custody. Best of luck!

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Ms.Fritz,
Thanks!

Ihad my Lawyer file my answer to my soon to be ex’s lies… I am waitin’ on the judge in Lexington,NC and here in Gilchrist County to figure out who will assume jurisdiction, we are trying to get nc to give it up since the state i reside in is a better forum and can best protect my baby and I…there is evidence of abuse on me and my baby.

No one wins in divorce only the Lawyers do!

Dear Divorce Sucks:

Greetings. Usually the court will keep jurisdiction over child custody issues if the child has lived in the jurisdiction for over 6 months or there is physical violence. For division of property, the court will retain jurisdiction where the property is (or the majority of it). Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Fritz,
My baby lived in NC for 20 days before I left his father.

Dear DivorceSucks:

How did this turn out?

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

Fla got jurisdiction and the judge in NC dropped his false domestic violence report that he had against me.

After that was done he hired a Fla lawyer and he had the default over turned so he can be able to talk in the divorce hearing and our judge here in Fla over turned the default. This is going to be an ugly divorce and it should not be ugly for our sons sake but his father feels like he has to make it ugly, i have no idea why I mean after all we have NO assets!

He is also having his new girlfriend (she has posted on a website he posts on that they are dating and about to move in together) email me and he also has a family member email me from time to time, I guess they are trying to see what my defense is going to be in the divorce.

Hi.
I am no longer living in Lexington,NC due to a violent situation…
My question is… What can I do to get him to speak to me about giving me a NON contested divorce where I live but can’t mention incase he sees this?

I also need to know if anyone here knows the statues in NC?
How long do i have to press charges for a false domestic violence report that the stbx(soon to be ex) made against me in davidson co, NC ?? He did it to get custody of my new born baby boy even though he knows he was lying and he still is!

S