Never filed our child support agreement

Yes if you have dealt with child support in an agreement that has been signed and notarized, it can be enforced by the courts.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.


We have our divorce paper(from the court) with the agreement on child custody and child support from our separation agreement. After we got our divorce from the court, we never filed our papers for the child support. I am reading all the issues here, and I have issues with child support ( read my previous posted.) So when we talk about going back to court to adjust child support, if the court is not aware of our agreement and it is not file anywhere but notarized and in our file cabinets, do we have any legal action that we can take?