New spouse

Dear lmd36@earthlink.net:

Greetings. An alimony order may be modifiable. A separation agreement generally is not modifiable. I hope that helps.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorcecom
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Thanks for the information. The X gets a percentage of retiremnet we pay for her car and the coverage because it is in my husbands name and she never signed a quick claims deed to the home we live in now. my question is is there any way that this aggrement from the divorce can be changed, due to the fact that she gets half of the benefits from retirement that is more than the payment for the car? we are not going to be able to afford to give her almost 1500.00 a month survive of his salary and I am a student with 1 year left in college. If there is no help for the issue then I guess we will have to reaccess things. Please respond soon. Thank you

Dear lmd36@earthlink.net:

Greetings. If she receives half of his retirement pursuant to a QDRO, I doubt that you can get that changed. I still cannot answer your question though since you have not told me if your husband is paying her pursuant to an order or agreement. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorcecom
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I need to know can anything in a divorce papers be changed due to retiremnet, change of income and college expense for kids. my husband pays for a car the insurance and she gets a percentage of his retiremnet which means our income is going to change because he is no longer making the income we have had in the previous years,and bankruptcy is not an option. any advice would be appreciate.[?]