North Carolina Court Process (Mecklenburg)

Dear twostepsons:

Greetings. No, no one is ever on “stand by” but instead you can get placed on a long calendar and may not be first. It is important to set your case off for a month or two to get in the first three or four slots on the calendar. Depending on all the factors, you can also ask the court to hear your case as a peremptory setting (which means you go first no matter what).

I also wish that some weekends I was not looking at this forum, but there are so many people that need help and I am behind. [:D][:)][:D][:)][;)]

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

ROSEN.COM

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Hello Janet,

I hope all is well with you. This forum has definitely picked up over the last few months, so I know you are busy. I haven’t seen this question posted, and we are wondering how the process actually works.

We were on the August 30th docket, but we were standby. We have been pushed back to Oct 12 - 14, but we are still on standby. Is everyone on standby? If not, how do we get an actual court date? It is rather frustrating because we thought we had light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps growing.

any guidance is greatly appreciated. No rush on a response as I know you are busy, busy and we now have to wait and pray our case gets heard in October.

Thanks you! Have a wonderful and safe Labor day weekend!!
PS I hope you are not even looking at this forum this weekend.