Not happy with the divorce agreement terms

My husband got divorced 8 yrs ago. The divorce agreement was drafted by his EX and he agreed. Even we found the terms are not that fair, we still try out best to follow. But now, some situation really got changed, for example, his EX and his daughter have moved from NC to NY, we lost visitation right. Both my husband and his EX got higher income and we had 3 more kids at the same time… Today his EX asked us to pay extra 100% of $4550 summer camp in Harvard or share traveling cost to Europe. Actually I think we really review that agreement. Need help !

Assuming your husband and his ex-wife have a separation agreement, you will have to refer to the separation agreement about modifications/amendments. Most separation agreements allow for amendments to be made as long as the amendments are in writing and signed and notarized by both parties. This means that both parties have to agree. Further, some separation agreements will call for mediation or arbitration to occur when one party is seeking an amendment and the other party will not agree.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.