Unfortunately, unless you both agree to make changes to your separation agreement, it is unlikely that you will be able to change the terms of your agreement. If your agreement was drafted by an attorney, you should contact that attorney for more specific advice on the terms of your agreement.

Best of luck to you!

Shonnese D. Stanback
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.256.1534 direct voice
919.256.1667 direct fax
919.787.6668 main voice
919.787.6361 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My husband and I separated May of 2002 and I signed a separation agreement since then I have rethought the idea that he gets everything (my mistake). There was no abandonment, infidelity, etc. just a parting of the ways. The divorce has not even been filed as of yet, and I am wondering if there is any way to now change the separation agreement? I contributed to the marriage and home for 7 years (we were married in 1996, I lived with him a year before we got married) and now reside in Pennsylvania and he still resides in NC. [?]

Thank you