Changes to separation agreement

Is it possible to make changes to an already filed separation agreement if both parties are in agreement? If so, do we need to go through our lawyers or can we do it on our own?

Yes, you can make changes. If the agreement is part of a court order, you can enter a consent order to modify the agreement. If it is not a court order, you can simply enter a modification. If you know what the terms of the modification or consent order are, you don’t necessarily need to go through an attorney, but a lawyer could be helpful to provide forms or review your proposed draft. It’s situations such as these when Rosen Online could be helpful.