Need revised Separation Agreement

I need to have my SA revised. My stbx moved to a different state 2 years ago after our agreement was finalized. Can I have the terms revised before I file for divorce. If so, do I have to contact the lawyer who handled the initial agreement or could someone else do this. I am not able to pay a large amount of money at this time. Please advise.

You can amend your separation agreement at any time (before or after an absolute divorce is granted) as long as your separation agreement allows for amendments. The other spouse will have to agree to any amendments.

You do not have to use the same lawyer that drafted the separation agreement to also draft an amendment.