Separtation agreement

Yes, it is absolutely possible to amend a Separation Agreement to change existing provisions or include new provisions, so long as you and your present/former spouse agree on the change(s). You and your current/former spouse must sign a written document that specifies that it is amending the prior Separation Agreement. The document should state clearly exactly which provisions in the original Separation Agreement are being deleted or changed, or if an entirely new provision is being added. The Amendment to Separation Agreement must be signed by both parties and notarized, just like the original agreement.

Robin F. Verhoeven
Attorney at Law
Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Is it possible to ammend a seperation agreement to include child support payments? At the time of the seperation agreement, we both had the children equally due to work schedules, but that has changed. He also in the mean time has been paying 400.00 per month without any agreement in writing. I would like to have that amount increased and have it be in writing, possibly automatically taken out of his pay checks? Any information would be greatly appreciated.