Separation Agreement Addendum

My wife and I are divorced and had a separation agreement in place, which allows for 50/50 child custody and alimony. Recently we renegotiated the child custody and alimony. As a result, I will have 100% custody of all my children and my wife will also forgo the alimony. I need to make changes to my original separation agreement to reflect the changed child support, alimony, and visitation right situation. What is the best way to create an addendum to my original separation agreement? Is there some kind of form?

There is no form. You can simply type out the new terms and reference which paragraphs in the original separation agreement the new terms are replacing. Then you and your ex-wife will need to sign the amendment in the presence of a notary.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.