Obtain Final Divorce

I am coming up on my 1 year of separation. I know I have to file a complaint for divorce and wait 30 days. Can my STBX file an extension or get a continuance? Is there anything that will stop me from getting the divorce finalized?

Also, is there anyway to file for the divorce before 12 month separation and have the hearing set for the day after the 1 year separation is complete?

Your ex could file a motion to extend time to answer for an additional thirty days. Unless your ex contests the facts in your complaint (relating to date of marriage and date of separation) the divorce will be granted by the court at the hearing. You cannot file the divorce complaint until you have been separated for a year.