Our home

Dear takitezonme:

Greetings. Yes, you can move back in, and you can move in anyone that you wish. Your wife may agree to sign a quitclaim deed. You should not sign a separation agreement that has clauses which you do not agree to. No to the restraining order, although if you move in you can tell her not to come back and if she does she would be guilty of domestic criminal trespass. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My wife and I seperated In November of 2003. Neither of us have lived in our home since January of 2004. She has all but given up her rights to the home through the financing company. I have kept up payments to the best of my ability to avoid repossesion of the home. Both of us are in new relationships and I wish to move into the home as she has stated she wants no part of, which is in both of our names. In her seperation agreement, which I have not signed, she says I can have no other female living in the house.

Can I move into my house with my new female companion? IF not, How do I remove her name from the deed? Can I move into the property and issue a restraining order on that adress to prevent harrassment?