Overpayment of alimony

My ex-wife (who is a professional with significant income) and I had a written separation/divorce agreement that called for me to pay her $5000/month from the time of our separation through May 2013. I mistakenly continued making these payments through August 2013. When I became aware of this, I notified my ex and asked that she repay the $15,000 of overpayment. She has not indicated that she would (or would not) do so. Do I have recourse to recover this overpayment?

You may be able to file a claim in regular civil court for the return of the money, but since you gave the money to her voluntarily without any agreement that it would be repaid, it may be difficult to recoup. You should speak with a civil litigation attorney as this is not a true family law issue.