Overseas trips

Is there any way that I can have sole custody as emergency situation? The reason is because we are both foreigners, and my husband always threat to leave the country, and I don’t want to move out, we our also both American citizens but I’m afraid that he can get our kid(6 years) and take with him, once they are over there, it won’t be any way that I can have my kid back, we are originally from different countries too. Most part of our arguments and the reason I want to divorce is because he doesn’t take responsibilities, he thinks that be a father is just play and give whatever the child wants, I mean, he doesn’t set up limits. I don’t trust him taking care of our child, even more being so far away from me, and unfortunately my child young age won’t help it if something happen to him and I’m not around. On the other hand, if I try to go to my country, because of their laws I can’t leave there without a permission from the other parent, and indeed, it is his dream that we live in my home country, I mean if I go without a sole custody I can’t come back to USA, where is our home.

Temporary emergency custody orders may be entered in order to provide continuing stability in a deteriorating situation, to preserve the status quo, to prevent a child’s removal from the jurisdiction, to return the child to an appropriate custodian, and/or to protect the child from harm, neglect or abuse. Emergency temporary orders may be entered ex parte upon a verified pleading or affidavit. “Ex parte” means that only one side tells the court its version of events. The court must review a temporary emergency custody order within ten days, at which time the other side has the opportunity to present his or her own evidence. After the court has heard the evidence from each side, the order will be continued (kept in force), modified, or terminated (dissolved).