Permanent child support

If there is no termination date in your temporary order, and no one goes back to court to have a permanent order issued, then the temporary order will likely continue. Otherwise, unless you the other parent agree in a Consent Order on permanent child support, then you’ll have to go back to court. Keep in mind that child support can always be modified based on a substantial change in circumstances.

Good luck,

Shonnese D. Stanback
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.256.1534 direct voice
919.256.1667 direct fax
919.787.6668 main voice
919.787.6361 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I’ve just gone to court yesterday for temporary child support. How does this to become permanent? Do I have to pay my lawyer and go back to court again? How does it work?