Please please help me!

Dear xmedwife:

Greetings. You may want to speak with the judge’s office yourself to find out where the order is or hire a flat fee attorney. That is an amazing amount of attorney fees - even for a long, hard fought litigation (my clients should all read this to realize how reasonable our fees are!!!). Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My attorney has withdrawn from my case and has/is going to place a charging lien on the judgment. He has charged me 198,000 of which I have paid him 65,000. I have no attorney and can’t afford one. This amount will severely deplete what assets I’m going to receive and my “income”. This has been a nightmare of the worst kind. The judgment was unfavorable to me as my physician ex husband received more than 50% of the assets! It’s been 7 months and the judgment has not be entered. In that 7 months time, my attorney has charged me over 20,000. I don’t know what to do. Thanks for any help.