Post separation support

Dear drwilsontwo:

Greetings. The supporting spouse (aka you) can raise the issue of adultery and other acts of marital misconduct as a defense to paying post separation support. If she has admitted the affair, it is unlikely that you will pay post separation support. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

If my wife had a lenghty affair and is finally admitting so, will I have to pay PSS? We have been married 6 years and I am suing her for Divorce from Bed and Board and her paramour for alienation of affection. I’m assuming alimony is a moot point but what about PSS? She is the dependent spouse.