My husband and I are divorced, but we never got around to settling our property. The situation is very amicable.
- We still own the marital home together, which is unoccupied. We are both on the deed and mortgage. He pays the mortgage and utilities.
- There is also a townhome that he purchased so I could move out when we separated. I still live there but will be moving soon. This mortgage is in his name only and he pays the mortgage while I pay the utilities.
- He is remarried and I am not.
- We are planning for him to refinance the marital home for a lower rate and to get me off the mortgage, and he plans to rent it. What do I need to do to also get my name off the deed? (He is essentially buying me out with other assets, so no worries there)
- Since we were still married when the townhome was purchased, am I on the deed?
- Is his new wife automatically on the deed for these properties?