Property taken from home


My ex and have been separated since 1/15/15. We have a notarized separation agreement that covers mutual property. There was nothing noted about a rifle i gave him as a gift a week before we separated. He took the rifle with him. I paid for it with a credit card, and was purchased under my name only. Obviously this is marital property, but i would like it to be in my possession, since it is a firearm in my name. I have asked him to return it to me. he is refusing. can i compel him to return it to me?


If you have a fully executed separation agreement that is a final settlement of your property distribution, then you can’t now raise a claim for marital property. Your ED case has been settled but perhaps you can take him to small claims court or consider pressing criminal charges if your position is that the firearm was stolen.