I purchased a Truck in my name only. STBX and I have been separated for 7 months. He has the key and will not let me get the truck not several other items in the house. I still owe on the truck. The paperwork for the truck in the house and the other in the house. I can not get in touch with the lender. Money is still owed. We moved a great number of times and I think it may be written off now. What can I do to obtain these items?


If you do not have a claim for equitable distribution pending you need to file one and include a Motion for Interim Distribution. If you already have a claim pending you may file the Motion Separately. In the motion you need to describe your situation to the court and ask the court to allow you retrieve the truck and the other items from the home.