Proposed Record on Appeal


I served a Proposed Record on Appeal to the opposing counsel. However, I for got to redact my SSN from my Tax documents. I will need to do that before I file with the Appeals court and wanted to know if I need to notify the other counsel before I file with the court, or can I just go ahead a redact the SSN without notifying the opposing counsel. Or is this a larger issue that needs to be addressed with an amended record or other means. (Assuming no other changes are necessary to agree on the record.)

Thank you

For anything you file in court you should always send a copy to the opposing counsel or party. If nothing has been filed at this time then you can make the necessary changes and re-submit the proposal to the opposing counsel.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.