Proving ability to work

Dear spouse:

Greetings. You will need to be more specific in your question. Of course there are cases where a spouse will not look for employment and is not earning up to their capacity. What specifically is your question? Thanks

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I guess that the question is that if the individual works then quits and has a history of this behaviour what will protect me from this type of action causing me acess support due to this type of behaviour. If there are cases that deal with this issue how could I find them? The case is up for hearing and the judge is inexpierenced in these matters. (My oppinion) Case is Greenleaf v Greenleaf.

quote:
Originally posted by JanetFritts

Dear spouse:

Greetings. You will need to be more specific in your question. Of course there are cases where a spouse will not look for employment and is not earning up to their capacity. What specifically is your question? Thanks

Janet L. Fritts
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Dear spouse:

Greetings. First, let me comment and say that judges were attorneys prior to being elected. I have not met a judge that I would ever classify as inexperienced.

If the case is handled properly, yes, your ex’s poor work history can be used as evidence to impute income and ensure that you receive the correct amount of child support. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

Are there any thoughts/ cases for a ex that will not take employment/ look for employment.