QDRO Filing

My ex and I have a separation agreement which specifies the amount I am to receive via a QDRO. The divorce was finalized in June and I am trying to get the QDRO filed and signed by a judge. I have the template provided by his plan but need to know the process to file with the court. I assume I need a civil actions cover sheet and summons along with the QDRO papers but do I need any other paperwork?

Each county has a different way of submitting orders. You can look online at www.nccourts.org to see if there are local rules for your jurisdiction. You can also contact the clerk’s office and ask them how it works.