Question about papers served

If you contest the allegations in his complaint you need to file an answer and let the court know what is incorrect and what the correct information is. If you wish to resume your maiden name, you will need to file a counterclaim and ask the court to permit you to resume the use of your maiden name.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I recieved a civil summons from my husband , in the papers it says Divorce Complaint and the information isnt correct, the date we were married on isnt correct nor is the date we separated on and his address isnt correct on itand it also states That I do not wish to resume using my maiden name. I am confused and I need to know what to do.It doesnt have a court date on it how I do contest it ?? Please help me.